Lead Paint

Why should get I tested for Lead Paint?

Lead is a highly toxic metal that was used for many years in products found in and around our homes. Lead may cause a range of health effects, from behavioral problems and learning disabilities, to seizures and death. Children 6 years old and under are most at risk, because their bodies are growing quickly (EPA).

Research suggests that the primary sources of lead exposure for most children are:

  • deteriorating lead-based paint,
  • lead contaminated dust, and
  • lead contaminated residential soil.

More information about lead paint and what Aaron’s Home Inspection’s can help with is available after a home inspection.

Share